Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Lunch, Nov 9th: Just Not Worth the Effort

Just Not Worth the Effort



Corn with Peppers: I am starting to tire of this two-vegetable-combo that the dining hall has been putting out so often. I'm alright with corn, I don't prefer it, but it's not bad. But once they just make it all taste like peppers: what is there to like anymore. It was the basic taste of corn, but then an aftertaste of peppers. I'm sure it's a nice combo to those people out there who like peppers. I'm sure.

Brussels Sprouts: Look who's here again. My nemesis. Delightful. And I tried it again. They over-salted again. Which is probably a good thing for me as they tasted less of ashes and more of salt.

Vegetarian Lasagna: These little personal plates of lasagna came right out of the oven and right under the heating lamp as soon as I walked up. That having happened, you think the food would be warm in the middle. It was sort of just... room temperature. When a dining staff member warns me about hot food, I expect it to scald-the-mouth-hot, not merely lukewarm. And to top it all off the whole thing was bland. The ricotta was good, but the zucchini inside had no flavor and every level of the lasagna was the same: zucchini.

The Verdict:
Going to lunch simply wasn't worth it. When the food is as bad and bland as above, normally one can go to the grill and order a grilled cheese, burger, or fries. But today it was closed and replaced by a "grill your own sandwich bar" which had more less appetizing things to eat. I do not expect my dining hall to make me question why I eat anything at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment