Friday, November 12, 2010

Lunch, Nov 12th: A Meal I Simply Cannot Eat

A Meal I Simply Cannot Eat



Not if you want me to live, that is.

So in the introduction post I said that I was allergic to shellfish. And I am. I was once rushed to the emergency room with hives due to cross contamination at my undergraduate university. And it was merely because the shrimp was cooked on the same grill as the steak I ate. Granted, my immune system was very weak at the time, but still I must be wary.

So when I saw that today's lunch included:

Brussels Sprouts
Pilaf with Peppers
Coconut Shrimp in Mango Sauce

I was disappointed. Well, no, let me rephrase that. I was livid. When the only protein served is SHRIMP there goes the entire meal for me. To prevent the need for me to either take a handful of benedryl and pass out for the day or get rushed to the emergency room I have to avoid all proteins that could have been grilled together. And then the vegetables are my least favorite?

I gave up. This is one of the only days when I refused to even sample anything.


The Verdict:
STOP TRYING TO KILL ME, DINING HALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment